Questions, problems? Please leave a comment below or send us an email. If you have ideas on how to impove this app, we’d love to hear from you!
New versions of HomeWave will regularly add new features to the various device controls, or fix issues with these controls. When you upgrade your installation of HomeWave, it may be necessary to re-link these controls to their respective devices, in order to take advantage of bug fixes or new features. This will be indicated in the change log with a # if this is the case.
To re-link a control:
- Go into edit mode on the control screen
- Select the control to re-link
- Click the link button
- Select the correct Vera device
- Controlling the iPhones music player from the AV control in HomeWave
- Wider sliding Home screen on iPads
- Location-based triggers
- Support for arbitrary plugins (device wizard).
- Option to dim / turn off the screen after a period of inactivity
- Allow selecting multiple grid cells of different sizes, as long as the selected area is rectangular
- Positive Indication of failed/succesful scene execution
- File dialog functionality (deleting files, etc) / Revamp of the file dialog.
- PIN management for locks.
Unsupported Devices (support for these is planned)
- Door locks (pin code management is unsupported, but opening/closing works)
- The Reset Control Grid function does not work
- When adding controls to the Today widget on an iPad, the list of devices matching the cosen control type never appears. To fix: tap Refresh.
- Activating a scene that causes a Push message to be sent to HomeWave may cause the app to disconnect and re-send the scene command, causing a loop.
- Multi Value display / Linear sensors do not recognize CO/CO2 levels, pressure as quantities
- Setting Normal / Eco mode doesn’t work on the Smart Virtual Thermostat (though the control accurately reflects the thermostat’s mode).
- Deleting a screen button from the home screen sometimes leaves the associated control screen in place, visible when swiping through screens. Workaround: close and kill HomeWave, then restart.
- Setting the Background Image Transparency to zero on Home or Control screens will render the buttons on that screen inoperable.
- Dropbox files are never overwritten even when answering Yes to the overwrite dialog
- When specifying the allowable temperature range on thermostat controls, the temperatures have to be entered in Celsius even if the app is set to Fahrenheit. Fixed in 1.98
- Controls with an “active background” do not show transmission errors. Fixed in 1.75
- The Multi Value control sometimes shows % as unit instead of nothing. Fixed in v1.75
- Status bar shown over the HomeWave button bar at the top of the screen (iOS7)
- Linking a DropBox account is not possible (but already linked installations of HomeWave can still load/save) (v1.55)
- The “Ask” and “PIN” options do not work correctly in the Alarm Panel control. Fixed in v1.60
- Version 1.30 does not work on iOS4.3. A fix will be released soon (look for version 1.31 and up)
- After adding a Dimmer control and changing it to a Slider, the control square cannot be selected (and the slider is active even in edit mode). Workaround: save the screen and go into edit mode again. Fixed in 1.42
- Slider dimmers sometimes do not transmit the last value and/or the last value gets overridden by a different intermediate value, causing the slider to jump back. Fixed in 1.42
- Swiping between screens on iPads doesn’t work correctly in landscape. Fixed in 1.42
- Camera images on the control screen do not update properly after closing the full screen camera view. Fixed in 1.42
- The color management screen (adding / changing colors) does not work correctly on the iPad when in Landscape mode. Workaround: rotate to porttrait when working on colors. Fixed in 1.42
- After upgrading, on/off switches may stop working: they appear to work but the light doesn’t actually switch on or off. To fix: re-link the control to its z-wave device. Fixed in 1.42
- When opening and closing a full screen camera view, the screen layout can become jumbled on iPads lying flat on their back. To fix: rotate the iPad back and forth 90 degrees. Fixed in 1.42
- Disconnected Vera can cause the Mios service to be flooded with requests. Fixed in 1.43
- Closing Camera screens by swiping down can cause a crash. Fixed in 1.43
- Added option to remove power consumption indicator from thermostats if one is displayed. Fixed in 1.43
- Specifying an override URL for MiOS doesn’t always work. Fixed in 1.50
- Transparency sliders do not work properly on iOS 4.3 / 4.x. Fixed in 1.50
Changes on the back burner (these will not be implemented soon)
- Remote configuration management
- Option to lock the complete app based on the state of a Vera Switch (for example: caretakers can only access the app when the house is in “Away” state, for your privacy)